Digital art has become one of the most popular forms of expression in recent years. With digital drawing being a very accessible form of expression, people are able to create wonderful masterpieces with their computers. Most recently, the infamous Draw Something game took over cellphone screens with its popularity. This article will give 10 simple steps that anybody can follow to improve one’s digital art skills.
1. Practice, practice, practice!
There is no way around this step. The more you draw, the better you get. There are two key points to remember while practicing: to enjoy the drawing and never be discouraged by mistakes.
2. Use references and guides! This is a common tip for any skill, but it’s especially important in digital art. If you want to draw something specific, it’s easier to use references and guides found online or elsewhere. Just remember to give credit if doing so!
3. Draw every day! This is the best way to improve your skills over time; it does not take that long to get a little better when you do this.
4. Look at tutorials! Tutorials are very easy to find online, and there are also some good ones in the Draw Something app itself; plus, they make drawing easier. Some can even give ideas for drawings!
5. Use the tools available to you! There are many “tricks” for drawing in the Draw Something app. For example, when you’re drawing a straight line, use two fingers to move where your line is going and choose how thick or thin it will be.
6. Don’t give up! You may not like what you end up with at first, but don’t lose heart; many digital artists have the same problem.
7. Trust your instinct! Sometimes it’s better to draw something quickly if you start overthinking what you’re doing. This leads us to our next step…
8. Keep drawing and drawing and drawing! You’ll get better as long as you keep practicing; the more you draw, the faster this will happen.
9. Encourage others! If you have friends who share your interest in Draw Something, don’t forget to support them! There’s no better motivation than having a friend cheer you on and send you encouraging words to keep drawing.
10. Keep practicing and applying the steps above, and before long, you’ll be an expert!